I received couple of emails stating that we ignore user comments and apply censorship.
Noop, sorry to say but there is NO censorship applied here to any user comment.
Just look at comments on left side bar, you will find tons of comments. We do publish all comments. It doesn't matter if command is positive or negative or suggestion or pointing out my own mistakes or some sort of question. As long as you are not spamming us, we will publish your comment. Regular site visitors are aware of this simple fact.
To avoid comment spam, following steps are taken at cyberciti.biz:
=> You cannot publish comment from open proxy systems
=> You cannot use bots, all common bots are blocked
=> Your comment is checked by Akismet anti-spam system/services
=> If you are posting first time, your comment will go through moderation system. Once approved your comment will appear instantly provided that it is not from open proxy systems and Akismet does not mark it as spam.
=> To confuses bots webserver software sometime returns 200/403/404 http status code or blocks worst offenders for sometime.
The main goal of this site is to share the information. Our RSS feeds are fully open and almost all queries/questions are answered by me. Remember I am from different time zone so there will be always some sort of time delay before your comment appears online. There is no simple solution exists that will recognize human or bot.
So please have some patient while your comments go through all these anti-spam technologies.
There are currently 881 posts and 1,112 comments, contained within 55 categories. Within last 6 months we served over 1 million unique users (total 1.8+ million users). Akismet has protected this site from 45,000+ spam comments.
Please note that Akismet or other anti spam technologies are not 100% accurate. Do not post or hit same comment again and again it will be marked as spam!
Every day Akismet marks more than 300-500 comment as a spam and put them in a queue. It is next to impossible to go though all this junk and find out one good comment. Sorry I don't have time. We are always happy to hear from you or our group members. If your comment blocked accidentally feel free to contact me :) I will try my best to reply back.TwitterFacebookGoogle+PDF versionFound an error/typo on this page? Help us!
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop