An excellent article explains usage of DTrace tool to debug Apache problem.
FTA "...Dynamic Tracing (DTrace) is a new feature in the Solaris 10 OS that is used to better understand the system and programs run on the system. It allows you to look and see what your system is doing and locate causes of poor behavior. This is done by using the "D programming language," which doesn't take much programming experience to understand. In the example, I don't even have to create any DTrace scripts as there is a package of them already made called the DTraceToolkit (by Brendan Gregg), which contains over 80 scripts...". Read complete article online.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop