Linux kernel is the most prominent examples of free and open source software. The Linux kernel has received contributions from thousands of programmers and companies around the world. This professional video from the Linux foundation provides a quick insight into Linux building procedure. This is a powerful and inspiring story of how Linux has become a volunteer-driven phenomenon.
Linus Torvalds makes and accept the final release of new Linux kernel version. A new version of the Linux kernel appears every two-three months. More than 1000 developers participate in each release.
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop