This is an user contributed article.
I'm a devoted Firefox user like most of you. However, at work I use Internet Explorer for couple of web applications that works only on IE. Wouldn't it be nice to embed Internet Explorer inside Firefox as a tab to browse the websites that works only on IE? This is exactly what Firefox add-on IE Tab does as explained below.
This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your web page displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox.
Update: This is Windows specific tool. See how to install IE under Linux using IEs4Linux.
Install IE TAB
After you've installed the IE Tab add-on, visit an URL from the Firefox browser, right mouse-click on the page and select "View Page in IE Tab" as shown below, which will open the page inside Firefox, using the Internet Explorer.
You can also right mouse-click and select "View page in Ext App" from Firefox, which will open the page separately in an new IE browser. There is not much use to this option, as the whole point is to view IE inside Firefox.
From the IE Tab add-on option, you can add URL of the sites that works only on IE. This way, anytime you open these URLs from Firefox, it will automatically open it using Internet Explorer inside the Firefox.
From the IE Tab add-on options, click on "external application" tab, where you can see the path variable pointing to iexplorer.exe executable on your windows machine. While installing the IE Tab add-on, it automatically populates the path variable with location to iexplore.exe executable.
- IE Tabs for Firefox.
- 30 Cool Open Source Software I Discovered in 2013
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop