This is a great read about how they are moving to Sun Niagra server and open Solairs from DELL+FreeBSD/Linux combination!
FTA, "...Start with a few white box PCs built from spare parts, add a distribution of Linux, sprinkle in some great search technology, wave of the hand and capital and voila: you have a data-center down by the river ...
Oh, and hardware? The new(ish) Sun Niagra servers are practically the size of a 17 inch laptop and much more interesting. They provide 4-5 times the compute power of a comparable Dell server and use far less power. And heat? Itâ€™s getting cold in here...
So we woke up. Joyent has begun to use Sun technologies in a number of ways. Weâ€™ve been aggressively replacing our Dell hardware running FreeBSD and Ubuntu with a combination of Sun Opteron and UltraSparc servers running OpenSolaris..."
Read more at: Leviathan toys with Zeus
- 30 Handy Bash Shell Aliases For Linux / Unix / Mac OS X
- Top 30 Nmap Command Examples For Sys/Network Admins
- 25 PHP Security Best Practices For Sys Admins
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- 20 Linux Server Hardening Security Tips
- Linux: 20 Iptables Examples For New SysAdmins
- Top 20 OpenSSH Server Best Security Practices
- Top 20 Nginx WebServer Best Security Practices
- 20 Examples: Make Sure Unix / Linux Configuration Files Are Free From Syntax Errors
- 15 Greatest Open Source Terminal Applications Of 2012
- My 10 UNIX Command Line Mistakes
- Top 10 Open Source Web-Based Project Management Software
- Top 5 Email Client For Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows Users
- The Novice Guide To Buying A Linux Laptop