Q. How do I boot a Linux system into single user mode?
A. Single user mode is useful to fix some system problem. Following are steps you need to use to boot Grub boot loader into single user mode.
Procedure: Boot Linux Grub Boot Loader into single user mode
(1) At grub boot screen (after restart)
(2) Select the kernel
(3) Press the e key to edit the entry
(4) Select second line (the line starting with the word kernel)
(5) Press the e key to edit kernel entry so that you can append single user mode
(7) Press ENTER key
(8) Now press the b key to boot the Linux kernel into single user mode