Intel announced Euclid development kit for robotics. It is Ubuntu Linux 16.04 based system. One can run, monitor and manage their robotics apps with the web interface. The software works with any ROS-based (Robotics Operating System) robot such as Arduino to build sensing capabilities in your project. You can use sensors and cameras to control a robot.
From the Intel page:
The Intel Euclid Developers Kit features the integration of Intel® RealSense™ depth camera technology and a motion camera with an Intel® Atom™ x7-Z8700 Quad core CPU to produce an all-in-one compute and depth camera device in a compact and sleek package. The Intel Euclid Developers Kit is designed to be operable out of the box with pre-installed software including an Ubuntu® operating system.
The Intel Euclid Development Kit is ideal for the robotics community, software developers, makers and other users that desire depth sensing, compute and communications in a mobile and compact package.
Euclid dev kit specification
- CPU: Intel Atom x7-Z8700 Quad Core CPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR3-1600
- Storage: eMMC MLC 5.0, 32GB
- Storage expansion: Micro SD card slot (up to 128 GB)
- I/O Ports: Micro USB 3.0, USB OTG, UART (micro USB connector), micro
- HDMI ([email protected])
- Input Voltage: 5V/3A via battery terminals, Power Consumption 5W
- Graphics: Intel Gen 8 GPU
- Wifi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, 1×1 DB
- Bluetooth: BT 4.0
- GPS: GNS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, WAAS, EGNOS
- Audio: Low Power, Dual I2S interface, Speaker 1W Mono
- Microphone: D-MIC, X3, Noise Cancellation
- Sensors: Integrated Sensor Hub (ISH), Accelerometer, Digital compass, gyroscope, Ambient light, Proximity, Environmental (Barometer, Altimeter, Humidity, Temperature), Thermal
- Micro USB 2.0 connector
- Battery: 3.8V 2000 mAh
- Operating System: Ubuntu Linux 16.04