A new version of the Raspberry PI 3 has released and it is amazing. It is 10x the performance of Raspberry Pi 1. Here are the complete specs for new 64-bit credit card size computer.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Specs
- SoC – BCM2837
- CPU – 64-bit 1.2GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- RAM – 1GB SDRAM @ 400 MHz
- Storage – Micro-SD
- Wireless (Wifi) + Bluetooth – Integrated 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1. The wifi is IEEE 802.11b/g/n, supports both 20 MHz and 40 MHz channels, and a maximum transmit and receive rate of 150 Mbps. It also supports Infrastructure mode, Wi-Fi Direct and soft-AP mode. And the wifi security includes WPA, WPA2 (802.11i), AES/TKIP, IEEE 802.1X and WAPI.
- Ethernet – 10/100 Mbps
- Video – Yes – VideoCore IV 3D
- Audio – Yes
- USB 2.0 – 4 ports
- GPIO – 40
- Power – 2.5 Amps
- Operating system support – Linux and Unix or Windows 10 IoT
But it still doesn’t have SATA, USB3 and Gigabit Ethernet
First RPi3 just costs around $35 (see below) and does come with wifi, ethernet, and a 64 bit quad-core CPU. It is fully supported by Linux and mostly by FreeBSD and other Unix-like systems too. There are other options available if you need performance computer. The RPi3 has awesome community support. So it a good deal for what it is.
Raspberry Pi 3 pricing
The biggest update is a 64 bit Quad Core Broadcom BCM2837 CPU for faster operations. The addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to your Raspberry Pi means no more WiFi adapters. You can use Linux or Unix-like system such as FreeBSD on the Raspberry Pi 3. The price for one Raspberry Pi 3 is listed:
- $35 USD (US)
- £30.00 (UK)
- INR 3000 (India)