Fedora Linux version 20 (code name “Heisenbug”) has been released and available for download. Fedora Linux is a community-based Linux distribution which is sponsored by Red Hat, Inc. The code name “Heisenbug” is a term for a software bug that seems to disappear or alter its behaviour when one attempts to study it. Fedora is considered as the popular cutting edge distro, behind Ubuntu and Mint Linux for desktop and laptop usage.
What’s New In Fedora 20
The new features in Fedora Linux version 20 are:
- GNOME desktop version 3.10.
- KDE plasma workspaces version 4.11
- NetworkManager now supports expanded bonding and bridging functionality, and incorporates better with existing bonding or bridging tools and configurations.
- nmcli is a command line front end to NetworkManager. It allows to add and edit network connections from the Terminal.
- 3D printing software such as slic3r is included. It is a tool for converting 3D models into printing instructions for a 3D printer. Fedora also includes the latest version of Cura is a huge update compared to previous versions.
- Perl in Fedora 20 has been updated to version 5.18, with a number of notable changes.
- Fedora 20 ships version 2.18 of the GNU C Library.
- Fedora 20 includes the WildFly 8 Application Server, formerly known as the JBoss Application Server, a very popular Java EE platform.
- Fedora 20 includes version 4.0 of the popular Ruby on Rails web framework.
- MongoDB has been updated to version 2.4 adding full text search, support for a wider array of geospatial indexes, and security enhancements.
- Fedora 20 offers the core of the thriving Hadoop platform and many related packages.
- syslog is no longer included in default installations. journald logging serves most use cases as well as, or better than, syslogd. However, you can install syslogd with yum command.
- The Fedora installer now supports creating thinly provisioned LVM volumes in both the graphical interface and automated kickstart installations.
- Linux kernel v3.12.xx
You can download Fedora Linux 20 via the web/ftp server or via BitTorrent (recommended).
32 bit vs 64 bit Fedora 20 Version
- For almost all new PCs download 32 bit version. For e.g., most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors. This is good for desktop usage. Almost all multimedia plugins and software works with 32bit edition.
- Download 64 bit version to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2 Due, Core 2 Quad, i7Core, i5Core, i3/i5/i7 4th gen and so on). For servers and advanced feature such as hardware error detection, access to more than 4GB RAM and so on; download 64bit version.
Fedora Linux 20 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
Download images from the following mirror:
Fedora 20 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
Please spare the mirror ftp/http sites, use the torrents to share downloading load with other Fedora users:
- Download using BitTorrent i386 32 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
- Download using BitTorrent 64 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
- Download using BitTorrent 64 bit Live CD OR 32 bit Gnome Live CD/ISO OR 64 bit KDE Live CD/ISO OR 32 bit KDE Live CD/ISO
Fedora 20 DVD ISO Direct Download
- Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO image 32 bit i386 DVD ISO (4.3 GB)
- Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO images 64 bit DVD ISO (4.6 GB)
Fedora Linux 20 Download Mirrors
- Please see Fedora mirrors list and Fedora 20 release notes page for further information.
- See complete list of torrents here.
Fedora Linux 20 Screencast
A quick screencast (demo) of Fedora Linux that shows various new features:
Video 01: Fedora Linux 20 Desktop ScreenCast
Are you going to try out new Fedora Linux 20? Are you going to switch?
🐧 Get the latest tutorials on Linux, Open Source & DevOps via:
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||Alpine Awall • CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||Alpine • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|