KDE project and Slimbook released a new Linux ultrabook with AMD Ryzen 4000 CPU that comes with eight cores, 16 threads, and a Plasma desktop. Let us look into Linux Slimbook Laptop hardware specifications and other information.
Linux Slimbook Laptop with AMD Ryzen CPUThey released a total of two ultrabook laptops with a choice of 14″ or 15.6″ screen with AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU. These devices are 100% compatible with Linux and ships with KDE neon Linux distribution developed by KDE. It is based on the most recent Ubuntu LTS.
KDE And Slimbook hardware specification
The CPU with eight-core is the leading killer feature of this laptop for developers and power Linux users who wish to edit videos or images. It comes with a large multi-touch touchpad, an IR camera, and much more.
Linux Slimbook Laptop models
- Processor – AMD Ryzen 4800H (8C/16T) TSMC 7nm
- Display – FHD. 14″ or 15.6″ with 1920×1080 (16:9) LED with 100% sRGB coverage and over 300 nits of brightness
- Storage – SSD m.2 2280, NVME
- RAM – Up to 64GB RAM 3200 MHz
- Battery – 47‑watt‑hour battery on 14″ model and 92.6‑watt‑hour battery on 15.6″ model
- Ethernet – Yes
- Wifi – Intel Wifi 6 AX200 (max speed 2.4Gbps)
- USB – 3 USB slots and 1 USB-C slot
- HDMI – Yes
- Weight – Magnesium–Aluminum light alloy chassis. 1kg for the 14″ and 1.5kg for the 15.6″ model
- BIOS options to disable hardware components such as the webcam, mic and wireless interfaces for privacy and security reasons
- Keyboard – English and many other languages
I find small form factor very interesting as you can carry a 1kg laptop easily while traveling. However, thunderbolt is missing and I wish this, Ryzen 4000 laptops come with screen resolutions higher than FHD. It is also not clear if the battery is replaceable or not. Of course we also have AMD based devices from System76 too.
- KDE Slimbook 14 – Starting 899.00 €
- KDE Slimbook 15 – Starting 929.90 €
Overall I welcome AMD based Linux laptop that comes pre-installed with KDE Linux distro. Of course, you can replace that with other Linux distros such as CentOS or Debian. They ship worldwide, and one can order it online by visiting their estrone. They support the KDE project by sharing part of the profits too. Would you buy such a laptop? Let us know in the comments section below.
🐧 21 comments so far... add one ↓
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Disk space analyzers||df • ncdu • pydf|
|File Management||cat • tree|
|Firewall||Alpine Awall • CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||NetHogs • dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||Alpine • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|