The Libreboot T400 is certified by the Free Software Foundation, under their Respects Your Freedom hardware certification program. It is now available at a reduced price without any binary blobs or backdoors in BIOS. The Libreboot T400 comes without the Intel Management Engine.
- CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor or higher
- GPU: Intel GMA 4500MHD
- Screen: 14.1″ 1280×800 LED TFT LCD or higher (some models have 1440×900)
- Ports: 1x VGA, 3x USB 2.0, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x ExpressCard/54
- Wifi: 802.11n wireless card (Atheros AR5B95, AR9285 chipset)
- UK, EU or US power cable (depending on country) included.
The laptop comes with Libreboot which is a free (as in freedom) BIOS or UEFI replacement, initialising the hardware and booting your operating system.
Trisquel Linux distro
The laptop comes preinstalled with Trisquel GNU+Linux operating system. Trisquel is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian Linux operating system. The latest version is derived from Ubuntu Linux, but includes only free software with all blobs removed. The FSF considers Trisquel to be a GNU/Linux distribution composed entirely of free software with its own complete binary repository. You can replace it with other Linux distribution with no proprietary components.
The laptop priced between €248.00–€678.00 ($277-$758). You can order it online here.