Slackware version 14.0 has been released and available for download from the official project website. This updated version brings many enhancements, including Xfce 4.10.0, KDE 4.8.5, and Linux kernel version 3.2.29.
From the announcement page:
Slackware uses the 3.2.29 kernel bringing you advanced performance features such as journaling filesystems, SCSI and ATA RAID volume support, SATA support, Software RAID, LVM (the Logical Volume Manager), and encrypted filesystems. Kernel support for X DRI (the Direct Rendering Interface) brings high-speed hardware accelerated 3D graphics to Linux.
You’ll find new compilers (including the LLVM/clang compiler that’s becoming a popular alternative to gcc), development tools, libraries, and applications throughout, all prepared with our careful and rigourous testing. If you’ve used Slackware before, you’ll find the system feels like home. But we’ve also added new features such as NetworkManager for easy setup and management of wired and wireless networking (or, you can still use the traditional network setup if you prefer). And, we’ve updated the desktops and window managers to recent versions as well.
Slackware v14.0 Download
Slackware 14.0 DVD/ISO, 32-bit x86 Edition
- Slackware 14.0 x86 Install ISO disc 1 (A/AP/E/F/L/N/Y, bootable installer, kernels, testing/, Slackbook)
- Slackware 14.0 x86 Install ISO disc 2 (D/K/T/TCL/X/XAP/XFCE, USB and PXE installers)
- Slackware 14.0 x86 Install ISO disc 3 (KDE)
- Slackware 14.0 x86 Install ISO disc 4 (KDEI, /extra packages)
- Slackware 14.0 x86 ISO disc 5 (source code)
- Slackware 14.0 x86 ISO disc 6 (source code)
- Slackware 14.0 x86 DVD ISO (Includes everything except for source code)
- Slackware 14.0 source code DVD ISO (The complete source code tree for both x86 and x86_64)
Slackware 14.0 DVD/ISO, 64-bit x86_64 Edition
- Grab slackware 14.0 x86_64 DVD – Includes everything except for source code.