Ubuntu Linux (a GNU/Linux-based computer operating system) version 11.10 has been released and available for download. The new release includes some enhancements to make your experience even more enjoyable. The Default user interface is set to unity shell on top of GNOME 3.x. However, you will get a 2D version of Unity as a fallback for systems that lack the hardware resources for the 3D version. The good news is you will be able to install the entire GNOME 3 desktop along with GNOME Shell directly from the Ubuntu repos.
Dennis Ritchie died at home this weekend after a long illness. I’m sure every “Unix” and “C” user will miss him.He was the key developer of the Unix and original developer of the C programming language.
Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie was an American computer scientist notable for developing C and for having influence on other programming languages, as well as operating systems such as Multics and Unix. He received the Turing Award in 1983 and the National Medal of Technology 1998 on April 21, 1999. Ritchie was the head of Lucent Technologies System Software Research Department when he retired in 2007.
Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:
- Lighttpd: network.c:483: error: â€˜EC_KEYâ€™ undeclared (first use in this function) Error and Solution
- memcached: Failed To Set rlimit For Open Files Error and Solution
- Mplayer Shuffle Command: Play Files In Random Order
- Bash Shell: Find Out If a Variable Is Set or Not
- Linux: Mount Disk Partition Using LABEL
- Linux / UNIX: HowTo Empty Directory
- Linux / Unix: Tarball Delete ( remove ) File
- KSH: Import File With Variables and Functions
- Debian Linux: Change Hostname / Computer Name Permanently
- SSH: Agent Admitted Failure To Sign Using The Key Error And Solution
- Linux / Unix: Bash Find Matching All Dot Files
- Linux / Unix: Find Out What tty Iâ€™m Using
- Debian / Ubuntu Linux: Setup NFSv4 File Server