The Millennium Technology Prize is the largest technology prize in the world and it is awarded once every two years by Technology Academy Finland. The Awarded is given for life-enhancing technological innovation. Linux kernel creator Linus Torvalds and Dr. Shinya Yamanaka won the Millennium Technology Prize, the prominent award for technological innovation for 2012.
In Linux and UNIX system services are configured using various text files located in /etc/ or /usr/local/etc/ directory tree. A typical server system could have dozens of configuration files.You can check your configuration files for syntax errors without starting the server and validate all settings. In some cases, it is possible to to check the sanity of the specific data (such as keys) or directories (such as /var/lib/cache/). Text files are easier to manage remotely. You can use ssh and a text editor. If there is an error in configuration, the server may not start. It may result in a disaster. This post explains how to quickly find out a syntax error for popular servers and test configuration file for syntax errors.
The Flashback Trojan, is a trojan horse affecting personal computer systems running Apple Mac OS X. More than half a million Apple computers have been infected with the Flashback Trojan.
Our FAQ section has been updated. Here are latest howtos:
- Linux / Unix: scp Copy All Hidden Dot Files
- Unix / Linux: Find Information About The Process Including All Command Line Parameters
- Carry Private SSH RSA / DSA Key For Connection Using Unix / Linux Shell Script
- Rsync: Preserve / Copy Hard Links ( Backup Rsnapshot Directory Tree )
- Error While Loading Shared Libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0 Error and Solution [ Debian / Ubuntu ]
- Linux Network Statistics Tools / Commands
- Linux Find Out GNU gcc Compiler Version Used To Compile Running Kernel
- Linux / Unix: Find Out Maximum RAM Supported By The Server BIOS / Motherboard
- Linux / Unix Shell Scripting: Create Filename By Day Of The Week
- Red Hat / CentOS Command To Find Dell Service Tag
- Linux / Unix Shell: Set Default Printer
- HowTo: Flush Contents Of a Memcached Server Using Command Line
- CentOS / RHEL / Scientific Linux 6 Enable (Install) EPEL Repo
- RHEL / CentOS 6 Linux Install Memcached High Performance Distributed Memory Object Cache Server
- Linux / Unix: Sed Substitute Multiple Patterns [ Find & Replace ]
- Reload Squid Proxy Server Without Restarting Squid Daemon
- Linux / Unix: SysVinit Services Restart vs Reload vs Condrestart
- Linux: Find Out Open Files [ Descriptors ] Command
- Linux / Unix: Disable OpenSSH Host Key Checking
- CentOS / RHEL: yum Command Reinstall Package
- CentOS / RHEL: Change / Copy File SELinux Security Context Command
- RHEL / CentOS Yum Command: Blacklist Packages [ Disable Certain Packages ]
- Mediawiki PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wfProfileIn() Error and Solution
Make the most of nixCraft FAQ Section
Linux kernel is the most prominent examples of free and open source software. The Linux kernel has received contributions from thousands of programmers and companies around the world. This professional video from the Linux foundation provides a quick insight into Linux building procedure. This is a powerful and inspiring story of how Linux has become a volunteer-driven phenomenon.