Undeletion means restoring files which have been deleted from Linux ext3 file system using rm command. Deleted files can be recovered on ext3 file systems using the debugfs program. This quick tutorial describes how to recover a file that was recently deleted using nothing but standard Linux command line utilities.
You can create URL redirection service for your blog within five minutes using nothing but web server’s mod_redirect module. For example, when you type or share a url io9.in/t/5159 you will be automatically redirected to http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/my-10-unix-command-line-mistakes.html. In this quick post I will explain how to create url shortener and integrate your wordpress based blog without installing any new scripts.
Our FAQ section has been updated. Here are latest howtos:
- Bash source Command: $0 Can Not Determine Itâ€™s Own Location
- Unix / Linux: Display Color Man Pages
- Linux / Unix: Colored Man Pages With less Command
- Linux Command: List All Users In The System
- OpenSSH: ssh-add / ssh-agent Command Set Maximum Lifetime In Seconds
- HowTo: Nginx Block User Agent
- Unix / Linux Shell: Get Third Field Separated by Forward Slash (/) Delimiter
- HowTo: Find Out DNS Server IP Address Used By My Router?
- Bash: Assign Output of Shell Command To Variable
- Where Is The Xorg.conf File Located under Unix / Linux / BSD?
- HowTo: Set Readonly File Permissions On Linux / Unix
- Linux / Unix: Show Shares on NFS Server [ Shared Directories ]
- Bash Shell: Check File Exists or Not
- HowTo: Shutdown Linux System
- HowTo: Iterate Bash For Loop Variable Range Under Unix / Linux
- HowTo: Install ssh In Linux
- Linux / Unix AWK: Read a Text File
- Howto: Send The Content Of a Text File Using mail Command In Unix / Linux
- Could not chdir to home directory /root: No such file or directory Error and Solution