This is a four-part series explores the how Western “hackers” are building low-cost communications networks to bring phone and Web service to displaced Tibetan refugees — and how native peoples are trying to hold onto their culture in an interconnected world.
But why hackers are building low cost communications networks?
Tibet is situated between the two ancient civilizations of China and India. This is a remote region phone lines and others stuff is not good. Mostly they are depends upon VSAT connectivity provided by Government of India. But these days they use Himalayan-Mesh-Router
Few years back my brother was working for them. He had developed a tibetan language email service in Dharamshala.
Read four-part series @ npr.org (via)
Few hours left for FIFA world cup final match. May the best team win :). Today is Sunday and I have a holiday.
Update: It is official; Italy is FIFA world cup 2006 champion. I must say it was one of the best world cup finals I ever seen.
Lazy afternoon and full meals may result into nap. But it was Monday 13th and your manager (boss) caught you….
Next time you caught sleeping at your desk, tell following things to your box:
- They told me at the blood bank this might happen
- This is that 15-minute power nap they raved about in that time-management course you sent me to.
- Whew. Guess I left the top off the White-out. You probably got there just in time!
- I was not sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm.
- I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance.
- I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminating towards people who practice Yoga?
- Why do you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem.
- The coffee machine is broken.
- Someone must have put decaf in the wrong pot.
- and in Jesus name Amen.
This is one of the coolest guest book written in php/MySQL. You can download software from smartisoft website. Only problem is it does not show you admin url by default. Here is url that you need to use it!
YOURPASSWORD is stored in your config.php as variable $adminpass! Have a fun!!!