VMware Player 2 is now available!
VMware Player enables anyone to easily run, evaluate and share software distributed as a virtual appliance on a Windows or Linux PC.
Virtual appliances are pre-built, pre-configured and ready-to-run software applications packaged along with an operating system in a virtual machine. You can choose from over 450 virtual appliances available for download on the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace at vam.vmware.com. Simply download and run the virtual appliance with VMware Player quickly and easily – no software installation or configuration needed 🙂
What’s new in VMware Player 2.0
* Experimental support for 2-way Virtual SMP assigns more than a single CPU to a virtual machine.
* Share data seamlessly between the virtual machine and host computer.
* Windows Vista support as a host and guest OS.
* Support for USB 2.0 devices allow you to use high speed performance peripherals like MP3 Players within your virtual machine.
* Broad host and guest OS support includes over 60 supported 32- and 64-bit guest OS’s.
* Appliance view allows you to start a virtual appliance and review brief description and other relevant information provided by the appliance author.
* New Home Page allows you to open existing virtual appliances or browse any of the 425 virtual appliances in the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace.
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|