Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:
- Linux / UNIX FTP / SFTP Commands Tutorial – switched from MS-Windows to Mac computer running OS X UNIX systems. I need to transfer and download file using ftp for my personal website. Can you provide me a list of FTP commands that may be sent to an FTP server, to upload and download files using UNIX / Linux ftp command line client?
- Linux incrond inotify: Monitor Directories For Changes And Take Action – I want to copy (rsync to remote server) a directory tree whenever file uploaded or deleted in /var/www/html/upload/ directory under Linux operating systems for backup purpose and/or load balancing purpose without getting into complex file sharing setup such as NFS or GFS iscsi storage. How do I monitor /var/www/html/upload/ and its subdirectory for new files and executes rsync command to make copy back to www2.example.com:/var/www/html/upload/?
- Debian Linux Disable IPv6 Networking – How do I disable an IPv6 network connection and all its subsystem for my server? Iâ€™m having some problem with my GUI program under Debian â€œSqueezeâ€, how can I disable IPv6?
- Nginx: Configure and Install With IPv6 Networking Support – How do I configure IPv6 networking under nginx? How do I assign and use an IPv6 address under nginx web server? How do I enable IPv6 Support in nginx?
- FreeBSD: Atheros AR8131 / AR8132 Gigabit Fast Ethernet Driver Configuration – I have installed FreeBSD 8.x on my Laptop with Windows 7 in dual boot mode. But Iâ€™m unable to connect to the LAN or Internet using Atheros AR8132 card. How do I configure this card under FreeBSD?
- FreeBSD: Disable / Stop Console Beep ( Bell ) – I know how to turn off console beep under Gnome Linux desktop. How do I stop console beep under FreeBSD operating systems?
- Rsync Change SSH Port Number While Making Backups – How do I change my rsync command port number while making backup to remote server at backup1.example.com port 10253 (my ssh server runs on port # 10253)?
- UNIX Source Command: Read And Execute Commands From File – What is the use of UNIX source command under bash or any other shell? How do I use source command under UNIX / OS X / Linux operating systems?
- Find Command Exclude Directories From Search Pattern – How do I exclude certain directories while using the find command under UNIX or Linux operating systems?
- Linux: Find Wireless Driver Chipset Information – How do I find out Wireless driver chipset information under Linux? How do I get wireless card chipeset information without opening my systems?
nixCraft is on Facebook!
🐧 Get the latest tutorials on SysAdmin, Linux/Unix, Open Source & DevOps topics via:
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|