Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:
- Linux Network IP Accounting – I need to know how much data are transmitted on my ppp0 network or eth0 Internet links? How do I set IP accounting by address such as 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199? How do I set IP accounting per Apache virtual domain? How do I set accounting by service port (http, smtp) and protocol (tcp, udp, icmp)? How do I record how much traffic each of the clients computer is using?
- Linux / UNIX: DNS Lookup Command – How do I perform dns lookup under Linux or UNIX or OS X operating systems without using 3rd party web sites for troubleshooting DNS usage?
- Linux: Find Out Which Process Is Listening Upon a Port – How do I find out running processes were associated with each open port? How do I find out what process has open tcp port 111 or udp port 7000 under Linux?
- Google Apps Domain Create SPF Records For BIND or Djbdns – I work for a small business and outsourced our email hosting to Google. However, I noticed that spammers are using our From: First Last to send their spam messages. All bounced messages come to our catch only account. How do I stop this? How do I validate our domain using SPF? How do I configure a SPF for Google Apps domain using BIND 9 or djbdns?
Mac Os X: Mount NFS Share / Set an NFS Client – How do I access my enterprise NAS server by mounting NFS filesystem onto my Mac OS X based system using GUI and command line based tools?
- Explains: echo Command (echo $â€stringâ€) Double-quoted String Preceded By a Dollar Sign – I noticed that many shell scripts in /etc/init.d/ directory use the following syntax – echo $”Usage $prog start|stop|reload|restart”. Why a double-quoted string preceded by a dollar sign ($â€stringâ€) using the echo command under Linux / UNIX bash scripts?
- Get intimated about our new howtos / faqs as soon as it is released via RSS feed.
nixCraft is on Facebook!
Not our Fan yet? We suggest you become one right away! Just visit our Facebook Page. Click on the “like” button.
🐧 Get the latest tutorials on Linux, Open Source & DevOps via:
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||Alpine Awall • CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||Alpine • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|