Fedora Linux version 15 has been released and available for download ( jump to download link ). Fedora Linux is a community-based Linux distribution which is sponsored by Red Hat, Inc. Fedora is considered as the second most popular cutting edge distro, behind Ubuntu Linux for desktop and laptop usage. The new version comes with several new features such as special focus on desktops, developers, virtualization, security and system administration.
What’s New In Fedora 15
The new features in Fedora Linux ver. 15 are:
- GNOME 3 desktop environment
- Btrfs filesystem
- Indic typing booster
- Better crash reporting
- Redesigned SELinux troubleshooter
- Higher compression in live images
- Better power management
- LibreOffice productivity suite
- Firefox 4 web browser
- KDE plasma workspaces 4.6 and Xfce 4.8 desktop environments
- Sugar .92 learning platform
- Robotics Suite — Fedora 15 now includes the Robotics Suite, a collection of packages that provides a usable out-of-the-box robotics development and simulation environment.
- GCC v4.6
- GDB v7.3
- Programming language updates — Python v3.2, OCaml v3.12, Rails v3.0.5
- Maven v3
- systemd system and session manager
- Dynamic firewall
- BoxGrinder appliance creator
- Spice integration in Virt Manager
- Consistent network device naming
- Setuid removal
- Improved support for encrypted home directory
- RPM 4.9.0 package manager
- Tryton ERP system
Fedora Linux 15 Screenshots
You can download Fedora Linux 15 via the web/ftp server or via BitTorrent (recommended).
32 bit vs 64 bit Fedora 15 Version
- For almost all PCs select 32 bit version. For e.g., most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors. Good for desktop usage. Almost all multimedia plugins and software works with 32bit edition.
- Choose 64 bit version to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2 Due, Core 2 Quad, i7Core, i5Core and so on). For servers and advanced feature such as hardware error detection, access to more than 4GB RAM and so on; use 64bit version.
Fedora 15 DVD ISO download
- Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO image 32 bit i386 DVD ISO (3.3 GB)
- Visit mirror to download Fedora ISO images 64 bit DVD ISO (3.3 GB)
Fedora download: Fedora 15 CD ISO Live download
The is Live Fedora CD ISO – you don’t have to erase anything on your current system to try it out, and it won’t put your files at risk. Take Fedora for a test drive, and if you like it, you can install Fedora directly to your hard drive straight from the Live Media desktop if you like.
- Download Fedora Linux 15 Gnome Desktop Live CD 32 bit i386 (565M)
- Download Fedora Linux 15 KDE Desktop Live CD 32 bit i386 (692M)
- Download Fedora Linux 15 Gnome Desktop Live CD 64 bit (567M)
- Download Fedora Linux 15 Kde Desktop Live CD 64 bit (692M)
Fedora Linux 15 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
Download images from the following mirror:
Fedora 15 DVD ISO BitTorrent download
- Download from BitTorrent i386 32 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
- Download from BitTorrent 64 bit DVD (requires a BitTorrent client)
See complete list of torrents here .
Fedora Linux 15 Download Mirrors
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||Alpine Awall • CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||Alpine • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|