OpenOffice.org (OOo) is an open source suit of business applications that runs on Linux, Windows, Mac, FreeBSD, Solaris and UNIX versions. It is an alternative for Microsoft Office. OOo is compatible with Microsoft Office files and includes a word processor, spreadsheet, and drawing and presentation program.
A quick introduction to OpenOffice.org Templates
Templates save your time. A template includes specialized formatting that can be applied to frequently used documents such as:
=> A blank template for address, mailing, shipping or CD/DISK etc
=> A company letterhead
=> A Resume
=> A financial balancesheet
In short a template is a document that contains specific formatting styles, graphics, tables, object, and other information. You can define paragraph and character styles in a document, save the document as a template, and then use the template to create a new document with the same styles.
Time saving label templates
Creating a professional looking template is time consuming and challenging job. But don’t worry worldlabel offers free blank label templates for openoffice.org writer program. Following templates are included:
- Labels with rounded corners for mailing, shipping and many other labeling uses
- Labels with square corners
- Round labels
- General oval shape labels
- Media labels for VHS/CD/DVD/Diskette etc
OOo Writer labels templates will work on Openoffice.org program installed on Linux and other OS including Windows, Mac etc. These documents are XML Open Document Format (ODF).
How do I download and use these templates?
- Visit Worldlable openoffice-template download site
- Select template according to your OOo writer version
- Right click and save on desktop
- To open template start OO Writer Click on File > Open and Select template from desktop
CD/DVD Label template in action (click to enlarge image)
This is a good and free collection for Avery cross reference of both square cornered and round cornernered labels for mailing, shipping and many other labeling uses.