You would like to install Linux/BSD Os but windows partition is taking up your whole hard disk space. Or you don’t want to pay money to resize hard disk partition (tools like partition magic costs money). Not to worry you can resize partition with KNOPPIX Live Linux CD.
RESIZE PARTITION with Knoppix Live CD
Step #1 : Visit official Knoppix site and download live CD.
Step #2 : Burn Knoppix Live CD to DVD/CD media
Step #3 : Boot from CD
Step #4 : Boot into Knoppix > Open terminal > type command qtparted >
Step #5: Follow on screen instructions to resize your windows partition
Update: We are updating this howto. Please come back later or browse all our latest tips & tricks from home page. You may also try out following softwares for resize windows partition :
- Maximum Partition size supported by Linux
- Mount remote windows partition (windows share) under Linux
- The importance of Linux partitions
- Restore Debian Linux Grub boot loader
- Series: Understanding UNIX/Linux file system
- Polish language by seaman