eAccelerator is a fork of MMCache which provide an opcode cache and encode i.e. it increases performance of php based application by providing web (content) caching for dynamic apps.
Recently one of Linux box, which runs Lighttpd, started to sever php pages very slowly. First, I thought server might be severing large amount of request but netstat just return over 600 connection:
$ netstat -vtn | wc -l
System load was under control:
12:09:32 up 87 days, 11:58, 1 user, load average: 1.08, 1.19, 1.06
No zombie process were found. Next I had gone through server logs and error logs and found nothing special. I did restarted both Lightttpd and MySQL servers. Memory usage was under control. HTML pages was loading fine, it was php application. All php based application was taking time to load (but no connection time out error). It was clear something was wrong with PHP.
So I started to investigate all php related installed extension. I found eAccelerator installed on system. I went to /chroot/var/cache/php-eaccelerator and I found over 5000+ files.
I had just deleted all cached files and voila! My problem was solved php started to work normally:
# rm -f *
# /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart
I guess now I need to write a script that will delete cahce on regular basis.
🐧 Get the latest tutorials on SysAdmin, Linux/Unix, Open Source & DevOps topics via:
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||Alpine Awall • CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||Alpine • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|