I was looking for a alarm GUI software and ended up my search with KAlarm. It allows me to schedule the display of personal alarm messages, the playing of sound files, the execution of commands and the sending of emails and so on without using ‘at command‘ and shell scripting hacks.
From the project home page:
KAlarm is a personal alarm message, command and email scheduler. It provides a graphical interface to set up personal alarm messages which pop up on the screen at the chosen time, or you can schedule commands to be executed or emails to be sent.
When creating or modifying an alarm, you can:
* choose whether the alarm should display a text message, display a text or image file, execute a command, or send an email.
* configure the alarm to recur on an hours/minutes, daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis, or set it to trigger every time you log in. You can also specify a repetition within a repetition.
* specify that a reminder should be displayed in advance of the main alarm time(s).
* choose a colour and font for displaying the alarm message.
* specify an audible beep or a sound file to play when the message is displayed, or specify that the message is to be spoken.
* choose whether or not the alarm should be cancelled if it can’t be triggered at its scheduled time. An alarm can only be triggered while you are logged in and running a graphical environment. If you choose not to cancel the alarm if it can’t be triggered at the correct time, it will be triggered when you eventually log in.
Use apt-get command:
$ apt-get install kalarm
Save the changes. KAlarm will run in a number of languages including Hindi and others. Overall I’m quite happy with this software and I highly recommend kalarm as personal alarm software.
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||Alpine Awall • CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||Alpine • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|