The pydf command displays the amount of used and available space on your file systems, just like df command, but in colors. The output format is completely customizable.
Man pages are written by sys-admin and developers for IT techs, and are intended more as a reference than as a how to. Man pages are very useful for people who are already familiar with Linux, Unix, and BSD operating systems. Use man pages when you just need to know the syntax for particular commands or configuration file, but they are not helpful for new Linux users. Man pages are not good for learning something new for the first time. Here are thirty best documentation sites on the web for learning Linux and Unix like operating systems.
Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howto:
- Linux: Find Out What Partition a File Belongs To
- Linux: Neighbour Table Overflow Error and Solution
- Linux: Run fsck On LUKS (dm-crypt) Based LVM Physical Volume
- HowTo Run a Script In Linux
- HowTo Install firefox-8.0.tar.bz2 in Linux
- Linux / Unix curl: Pass HTTP Referer
- CentOS / RHEL: Remove Routes 169.254.0.0 / 255.255.0.0 From the System
- Linux: Reset High Speed USB Device Using ehci_hcd Error and Solution
Make the most of nixCraft FAQ Section
Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:
- Linux / UNIX: Smartctl Check Hard Disk Behind 3Ware RAID Card
- Bash Shell Count Number of Characters In a String or Word
- HowTo: Find Out KSH ( Korn Shell ) Version
- Linux: Delete / Remove User Account
- No xauth Program; Cannot Forward With Spoofing Error and Solution
- RHEL Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum
- RHEL / CentOS / Fedora: Verify GPG Key For Package Update
- VI / VIM: Open File And Go To Specific Function or Line Number
- Linux Find Out Kernel Module (Device Driver) Version Number
- Linux /boot: Out of Disk Space While Installing Package kernel-2.6.32-131.2.1.el6.x86_64
- Bash C Style For Loop Example and Syntax
- Backtrack 5 KDE startx Failed To Load Error and Solution
- Linux Command: Put Laptop / Netbook In Hibernate / Suspend Mode
- Linux: What is Dash ( /bin/dash ) Shell?
FAQ & Howtos RSS Feed
Get intimated about our new howtos / faqs as soon as it is released via RSS feed.
nixCraft is on Facebook!
Not our Fan yet? We suggest you become one right away! Just visit our Facebook Page. Click on the “like” button.
Core dumps are often used to diagnose or debug errors in Linux or UNIX programs. Core dumps can serve as useful debugging aids for sys admins to find out why Application like Lighttpd, Apache, PHP-CGI or any other program crashed. Many vendors and open source project author requests a core file to troubleshoot a program. A core file is generated when an application program abnormally terminates due to bug, operating system security protection schema, or program simply try to write beyond the area of memory it has allocated, and so on. This article explains how to turn on core file support and track down bugs in programs.
Firefox 3.0.1 has been released and available for download. This update has been rated as having critical security impact by the Mozilla. Use the following instructions to upgrade Firefox.
Can bug present in the Debian OpenSSL packages affect Red Hat / FreeBSD / CentOS Linux UNIX / Windows workstation / server users?