TrueCrypt version 6.0 has been released and available for download. It is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux system. A perfect software for laptop or desktop system which allows data be to be protected even when the OS is not active, for example, if data is read directly from the hardware.
Version 6.0x offers parallelized encryption/decryption on multi-core processors (multi-processor systems). Increase in encryption/decryption speed is directly proportional to the number of cores and/or processors. Ability to create and run an encrypted hidden operating system whose existence is impossible to prove. Ability to create hidden volumes under Mac OS X and Linux.
(Fig. 01: TrueCrypt in action [image credit TrueCrypt project])
Download TrueCrypt Open Source Edition Sysadmin because even developers need heroes!!!
Good news for all hackers.
NETGEAR launches Open Source edition of wireless-G router enabling Linux developers, geeks, hackers and enthusiasts to create Firmware for specialized applications
Open Source Wireless-G Router (WGR614L) delivers higher processing power and more memory for a Wide Variety of customized applications. The product is supported by a dedicated and responsive open source community.
The high-performance WGR614L, which is “Works with Windows Vista” certified, features a 240 MHz MIPS32 CPU core with 16 KB of instruction cache, 16 KB of data cache, 1 KB of pre-fetch cache, and incorporates 4 MB of flash memory and 16 MB of RAM. In addition to an external 2 dBi antenna, the WGR614L integrates a second internal diversity antenna to provide enhanced performance and range. The router supports free open source Linux-based Tomato and DD-WRT firmware and will soon support OpenWRT.
The WGR614L is supported by a dedicated open source router community at myopenrouter.com.
- Open source – free to install any firmware
- Hotspots, guest access via a separate SSID
- Upstream and downstream QOS and intelligent bandwidth monitoring
- One 10/100 Internet WAN port and a four-port 10/100 LAN switch
- 802.11g access point (54 Mbps).
- Static and dynamic routing with TCP/IP, VPN pass-through (IPSec, L2TP), NAT, PPTP, PPPoE, DHCP (client and server), and Bigpond.
- A Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall
- Support for 40-, 128- and 152-bit WEP encryption, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA2-PSK, and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Additional security features include DMZ, MAC address authentication, URL content filtering, logs and e-mail alerts of Internet activity.
WGR614L Wireless-G Router Price
The NETGEAR Open Source Wireless-G Router is available at a retail price in the U.S. of $69.