I’d like to send my warmest holiday wishes to all my readers around the globe.
Also, I’d like to thank you for your support and wish to every one a wonderful new year full of great things, success and more freedom using Linux and open source technologies. Sysadmin because even developers need heroes!!!
nixCraft wishes our readers and families a very happy holiday season!
I’d like to thank you for your support and wish you a happy year ahead in 2008!
( Merry Christmas, from the nixCraft! [Image credit – copied from personal email])
Also, I’d like wish to every one a wonderful new year full of great things, success and more freedom using Linux and open source technologies.
— Vivek Gite, Linux Evangelist.
On October 9th, 2007, Guardian Digital announced the newest release of EnGarde Secure Linux: Community 3.0.17 (Version 3.0, Release 17) server edition.
– Enterprise Reliability and scalability in a Community Platform
– Integrated SELinux policies and Firewall Functionality
– Intrusion detection and Complete Monitoring Services
– Web and Email Security Services
– Quick and easy Network Installation
– Combining the best of Open Source technologies
– Support for TCB, an alternative password shadowing scheme, has been added. This allows most system utilities to work with the least amount of privilege possible and, when properly configured, can allow you to run a system with zero setuid binaries.
– powernowd, a daemon to control the CPU speed and voltage of your server, is also now available. Once properly configured, powernowd can dynamically adjust the speed and voltage of your CPU, via the kernel CPUFreq and sysfs interfaces, to preserve power when it’s idle.
– A very early-stage version of Samba 4 for users to evaluate.
– Samba 4 and much more
Download EnGarde Secure Linux
=> Visit official site to download latest release. Don’t forget to check out EnGarde secure Linux documentation section. It offers quick start guide and other howtos.