KDE version 4.0.1 has been released and available for download. KDE 4.0.1 is a maintenance release for version 4.0, which provides corrections of problems reported by users. From the announcement page:
The KDE Community today announced the immediate availability of KDE 4.0.1, the first bugfix and maintenance release for the latest generation of the most advanced and powerful free desktop. KDE 4.0.1 ships with a basic desktop and many other packages like administration, network, education, utilities, multimedia, games, artwork, web development and more. KDE’s award-winning tools and applications are available in almost 50 languages.
=> KDE 4.0.1 Release Announcement
From the FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE Announcement “It is my great pleasure and privilege to announce the availability of FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE. This release is the next step in the development of the 6.X branch, delivering several performance improvements, many bugfixes, and a few new features as follows“:
- Addition of a keyboard multiplexer. This allows USB and PS/2 keyboards to coexist without any special options at boot.
- Many fixes for filesystem stability. High load stress tests are now run successfully on a regular basis as part of the normal FreeBSD QA process.
- Automatic configuration for man Bluetooth devices, as well as automatic support for running WiFi access points.
- Addition of drivers for new ethernet and SAS and SATA RAID controllers.
- BIND updated to 9.3.2
- sendmail updated to 8.13.6
FreeBSD 6.1 Download
It is time to update my local FreeBSD server 🙂