Looking for bug fixes and performance improvements, Novell is offering first service pack. Iâ€™ve noticed boot speed and other speed improvements. My office presentation laptop has Suse Linux and Iâ€™ve update the same 🙂
SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP1 and Virtual Machine Driver Pack contain several innovations, many of which came from direct collaboration with customers and partners
From the official press release:
Novell today announced that the first service pack (SP1) for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 is now available to customers worldwide. Featuring significant enhancements in virtualization, high-performance computing, security, interoperability and system management, SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP1 from NovellÂ® lets organizations take advantage of the latest technical advances in the best-engineered, lowest-cost and most-interoperable platform for mission-critical computing.
Service Pack 1 Enhancements
- Enhanced virtualization support and management
- Updated high-availability storage infrastructure
- Support for new processor technologies, including Quad-Core Intel Xeon and Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors.
- Enhanced security features
- Audit subsystem enrichment
- Support for Novell Open Enterprise Server 2.
Download Novell enterprise Linux service pack 1 – SP1 – ISO image
- Direct download link : SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for x86, AMD64, Intel64, Itanium & IBM POWER Media Kit