Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 Welcome Screen
Firefox 3.1 beta 2 has been released and available for download. Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 is available in over 50 languages as a public preview release intended for developer testing and community feedback. It includes:
- Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 is based on the Gecko 1.9.1 rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 7 months.
- This beta is now available in 54 languages – get your local version.
- Added a new Private Browsing Mode.
- Added functions to make it easy to clear recent history by time as well as remove all traces of a website.
- New support for web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
- Removed the new tab-switching behavior based on feedback from users
=> Download Firefox 3.1 beta 2 Sysadmin because even developers need heroes!!!
Firefox 3.0.1 has been released and available for download. This update has been rated as having critical security impact by the Mozilla. Use the following instructions to upgrade Firefox.
An integer overflow flaw was found in the way Firefox displayed certain web content. A malicious web site could cause Firefox to crash, or execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the user running Firefox. (CVE-2008-2785)
A flaw was found in the way Firefox handled certain command line URLs. If another application passed Firefox a malformed URL, it could result in Firefox executing local malicious content with chrome privileges. (CVE-2008-2933)
Download Firefox 3.0.1
=> Visit offical site to grab Firefox 3.0.1
How do I upgrade Firefox to version 3.0.1?
See how to install firefox-3.0.1.tar.bz2 in Linux
How do I update Firefox under Redhat / Fedora / CentOS Linux?
Simply type the following command, enter:
# yum update
How do I update Firefox under Debian / Ubuntu Linux?
Open terminal and simply type the following commands, enter:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade