Firefox version 13.0 has been released and available for download. Firefox 13.0 is the fastest and smartest web browser. You will see new tab and home page user interface. The Home Page now includes icons at the bottom of the page to give you easy access to bookmarks, history, settings, add-ons, downloads and sync preferences with one-click shortcuts. This version is a major upgrade and includes features such as updated developer tools, SPDY, and few other updates.
Our FAQ section is updated in last few days with new howtos:
- Linux / UNIX: Smartctl Check Hard Disk Behind 3Ware RAID Card
- Bash Shell Count Number of Characters In a String or Word
- HowTo: Find Out KSH ( Korn Shell ) Version
- Linux: Delete / Remove User Account
- No xauth Program; Cannot Forward With Spoofing Error and Solution
- RHEL Warning: RPMDB altered outside of yum
- RHEL / CentOS / Fedora: Verify GPG Key For Package Update
- VI / VIM: Open File And Go To Specific Function or Line Number
- Linux Find Out Kernel Module (Device Driver) Version Number
- Linux /boot: Out of Disk Space While Installing Package kernel-2.6.32-131.2.1.el6.x86_64
- Bash C Style For Loop Example and Syntax
- Backtrack 5 KDE startx Failed To Load Error and Solution
- Linux Command: Put Laptop / Netbook In Hibernate / Suspend Mode
- Linux: What is Dash ( /bin/dash ) Shell?
FAQ & Howtos RSS Feed
Get intimated about our new howtos / faqs as soon as it is released via RSS feed.
nixCraft is on Facebook!
Not our Fan yet? We suggest you become one right away! Just visit our Facebook Page. Click on the “like” button.
Generally, all Linux distributions needs a scheduled reboot once to stay up to date with important kernel security updates. RHN (or other distro vendors) provides Linux kernel security updates. You can apply kernel updates using yum command or apt-get command line options. After each upgrade you need to reboot the server. Ksplice service allows you to skip reboot step and apply hotfixes to kernel without rebooting the server. In this post, I will cover a quick installation of Ksplice for RHEL 5.x and try to find out if service is worth every penny.
Linux / BSD and UNIX like operating systems includes software from the OpenSSL Project. The OpenSSL is commercial-grade, industry-strength, full-featured Open Source toolkit implementing the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS v1) protocols as well as general purpose cryptography library.
The Google security team discovered a flaw in the way OpenSSL checked the verification of certificates. An attacker in control of a malicious server, or able to effect a “man in the middle” attack, could present a malformed SSL/TLS signature from a certificate chain to a vulnerable client and bypass validation.
This update has been rated as having important security impact on FreeBSD, all version of Ubuntu / Debian, Red Hat (RHEL), CentOS, Fedora and other open source operating system that depends upon OpenSSL.
Firefox 3.0.1 has been released and available for download. This update has been rated as having critical security impact by the Mozilla. Use the following instructions to upgrade Firefox.
Explains how to display multilingual text such as hindi, chinese, japanese, korean etc text on the console using framebuffer, and bterm applications under Fedora / RHEL / CentOS / Debian / Ubuntu Linux.