I’ve been working on the Linux Shell Scripting Tutorial v.2.0 for some time and now the updated version licensed under “Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 3.0 Unported” of the same available in wiki format. It will contain a few significant changes from the previous versions of the tutorial, which includes a new topics, grammar & typo fixing and new sys admin related scripts.
The first eight updated chapters are available online at the following URL:
I’m planning to add few more chapters:
- Shell Functions and Libraries.
- Shell Array.
- Writing interactive scripts.
- Quick tour of filters such as cut, awk, sed, grep, cut, paste and sort commands.
- Date and strings manipulation.
- Common sys admin tasks automation such as file backup, database backup, user management, ftp, ssh, remote login, server monitoring, security, firewall, BIND dns management, web server management scripts etc
Hope you will enjoy new tutorial in wiki format! What you like, do not like or anything you feel I should improve on. If you see my mistake, typos or know of a better way to accomplish same task, please let me know. Add your feedback in the comments below.
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|