VMWare is a powerful virtualization platform to accelerate the development, testing and support of applications. Today they announced the availability of VMware Workstation 5.5. It is the only virtual machine software that runs on both Windows and Linux host operating systems and is ideal for PC consolidation as well as software testing, development and deployment.
All 5.0 customer can upgrade it to 5.5 for free. Just login to control panel and download the Vmware 5.5 workstation. Following are key features:
- Full support for select 64-bit guest operating systems – It means I will be able to run 64 bit version of Microsoft Windows, Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu and FreeBSD in virtual machines.
- Experimental support for 2-way Virtual SMP
- New guest OS, host OS, and 32- and 64-bit hardware support
- Ability to open and convert Microsoft VMs or Norton Ghost 9 images
- New wireless networking for Linux hosts
- You can get upto date information here