Good news for all hackers.
NETGEAR launches Open Source edition of wireless-G router enabling Linux developers, geeks, hackers and enthusiasts to create Firmware for specialized applications
Open Source Wireless-G Router (WGR614L) delivers higher processing power and more memory for a Wide Variety of customized applications. The product is supported by a dedicated and responsive open source community.
The high-performance WGR614L, which is “Works with Windows Vista” certified, features a 240 MHz MIPS32 CPU core with 16 KB of instruction cache, 16 KB of data cache, 1 KB of pre-fetch cache, and incorporates 4 MB of flash memory and 16 MB of RAM. In addition to an external 2 dBi antenna, the WGR614L integrates a second internal diversity antenna to provide enhanced performance and range. The router supports free open source Linux-based Tomato and DD-WRT firmware and will soon support OpenWRT.
The WGR614L is supported by a dedicated open source router community at myopenrouter.com.
- Open source – free to install any firmware
- Hotspots, guest access via a separate SSID
- Upstream and downstream QOS and intelligent bandwidth monitoring
- One 10/100 Internet WAN port and a four-port 10/100 LAN switch
- 802.11g access point (54 Mbps).
- Static and dynamic routing with TCP/IP, VPN pass-through (IPSec, L2TP), NAT, PPTP, PPPoE, DHCP (client and server), and Bigpond.
- A Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall
- Support for 40-, 128- and 152-bit WEP encryption, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA2-PSK, and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Additional security features include DMZ, MAC address authentication, URL content filtering, logs and e-mail alerts of Internet activity.
WGR614L Wireless-G Router Price
The NETGEAR Open Source Wireless-G Router is available at a retail price in the U.S. of $69.
|Category||List of Unix and Linux commands|
|Firewall||CentOS 8 • OpenSUSE • RHEL 8 • Ubuntu 16.04 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Network Utilities||dig • host • ip • nmap|
|OpenVPN||CentOS 7 • CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Debian 8/9 • Ubuntu 18.04 • Ubuntu 20.04|
|Package Manager||apk • apt|
|Processes Management||bg • chroot • cron • disown • fg • jobs • killall • kill • pidof • pstree • pwdx • time|
|Searching||grep • whereis • which|
|User Information||groups • id • lastcomm • last • lid/libuser-lid • logname • members • users • whoami • who • w|
|WireGuard VPN||CentOS 8 • Debian 10 • Firewall • Ubuntu 20.04|