The HTTP 2xx class of status codes indicates the action requested by the client was received, and processed successfully. HTTP/1.1 200 OK is the standard response for successful HTTP requests. When you type www.cyberciti.biz in the browser you will get this status code. The HTTP/1.1 206 status code allows the client to grab only part of the resource by sending a range header. This is useful for:
- Understanding http headers and protocol.
- Troubleshooting network problems.
- Troubleshooting large download problems.
- Troubleshooting CDN and origin HTTP server problems.
- Test resuming interrupted downloads using tools like lftp or wget or telnet.
- Test and split a large file size into multiple simultaneous streams i.e. download a large file in parts.