I have like over 50k+ comments posted on this site. A commenter is allowed to leave their website or Github/Twitter URL in the comment section. Unfortunately, many websites are dead creating a mess. Many are just spam and nothing else. This is not good for anyone. Here is a quick way to delete all existing comment author URLs in WordPress using mysql command line option.
WordPress version 4.4 and above use a filter called pre_get_document_title() for a customzing title for each page, post, tag, category and more. For example, I can change 404 error title using this filter. One can use the wp_title() which was formerly deprecated in version 4.4 but was returned for compatibility reasons.
So I ran into this problem. No matter what I did my WordPress installation displayed a stupid error that read as follows:
Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.
Here is how to fix this problem with WP.
You can send visitors to different servers based on country of their IP address using Amazon Route 53 cloud based dns server. For example, if you have a server in Amsterdam, a server in America, and a server in Singapore, then you can easily route traffic for visitors in Europe to the Amsterdam server, people in Asia go to the Singapore server and those in the rest of the world be served by the American server. This will results into the various kinds of benefits such as:
- Better performance as you are sending web site visitors to their nearest web server.
- Reduced load on origin.
- Geomarketing/online advertising.
- Restricting content to those geolocated in specific countries (I am not a big fan of DRM).
- In some cases you can get potentially lower costs and more.
In this post, I will explain how to configure and test GeoDNS using AWS Route 53 service.
- How to serve your entire blog using cloudfront.
- DNS settings.
- Wordpress settings.
- Documenting limitations of cloudfront.
- Documenting performance improvements.